Monday, August 9, 2010

Yuna's advice on Terengganu!



Before I left for Terengganu I met up with a local singer/songwriter, a beautiful lady named Yuna to get her opinion on where I should go when I get to Terengganu. The video is in Malay, but the gist of it is she asked me to visit the crystal clear waters of Perhentian Islands. With turtles, sharks and corals omnipresent, the islands are a must-visit destination. So I took her advice to heart and Perhentian was my first stop to snorkle and dive!


The following day in Terengganu I took the 10 am bus from MPKT Bus Terminal at Kuala Terengganu.If you'd like, there is an earlier one at 8am. My bus ticket was only RM10.90 and it was to take me to Kuala Besut where the jetty to the Island is located. The journey took 3 hours and it was lovely passing all the villages, and mixing with locals that boarded the bus too. The bus drove along the coastline so every now and then, the deep blue sea came into view.


MPKT Bus Terminal in town



Kuala Besut Jetty!

No comments:

Post a Comment