Friday, August 13, 2010

Sata! nom nom







Sata or Satah is probably one of Terengganu's best kept secret. I had been to Terengganu four times and wonder why I had never heard or seen sata until now? It is simply the most delicious snack Terengganu has to offer. There are two variations. One is the conical shape one as seen above which I bought along the road leading to Merang. If you are going to Redang Island, you are bound to see these stalls lining the roadside.

The grilled sata which is selling for only RM2 per stick with four packets. Inside, there is the most flavourful and fragrant packet of fish paste mixed with onion, ginger and cut red chillies. These conical shape ones are not spicy and my children love them.

Meanwhile, another version which I bought from Seberang Takir near Kuala Terengganu has a different shape. This packet is very spicy and taste really nice. These are all freshly out of the charcoal grill and hence smell soooo good.

I did a google for Sata and am so glad that I found the basic recipe. It is made of blended paste of fish, onion, ginger, coconut, chillies and tumeric leave. Now, I can experiment making my own sata without driving 475 KM to Kuala Terengganu for them haha.

A look into how Sata is made . These were taken at Kampung Teluk Pasu, Manir, in Kuala Terengganu





No comments:

Post a Comment