Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kuih Che Mek Molek





After I had the awesome concoction of rice and vege that is Nasi Kerabu, my friend insisted I tried a local treat, native to Terengganu, called kuih Che Mek Molek. Che Mek Molek actually means 'pretty young lady'! I wonder why they called it that until of course I took my first bite.

And.... it was lush! lawsie it was lovely, having a harder shell compared to its creamy buttery interior.


The pastry is made by scrambling the egg until fine, then the addition coconut milk ( local elixir I tell you! ). gula Melaka is dissolvoed with water and then mixed with flour. It is then stir and filtered prevent from being lumpy. A slice of pandan leaf and out into flour. Heat the muffin mould and sweep a little oil. the muffin is then placed in muffin mould in a preheated oven

you can get this at many hawker stalls, or simply at "pasar malam" or night market.

No comments:

Post a Comment